Sat, Sep 23|
Sequoia Park Ivy League
Eradicate invasive Ivy from our beloved Redwoods! Join us Saturday, Sept 23rd from 9am - 1pm at Sequoia Park, Glatt & T St. for our fourth event of Volunteer Month. Volunteers who attend have the opportunity to get a free one-day zoo pass!
Time & Location
Sep 23, 2023, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Sequoia Park , Glatt St & T St, Eureka, CA 95503, USA
About the Event
We have our own Ivy League in town and it's not what you think. Instead of hitting the books hard to get that college degree, we are hitting the park hard to eradicate ivy from our beloved Redwood forest. This dedicated group of volunteers would love for YOU to join! We will have all supplies for you, and we will train you on everything you need to know. Feel free to bring your own gardening gloves if you have them. This event is kid-friendly but kids need to be accompanied and managed by their guardian/s.
Volunteers who attend have the opportunity to get a free one-day zoo pass!
As part of our volunteer recognition and appreciation month, by attending you will be entered into the opportunity drawing for your chance to win a Pacific Outfitters, Dutch Bros, or Jitter Bean Gift Card at the end of the month! Additionally, volunteers who attend all 5 events in Volunteer Month will be entered into the Grand Prize drawing for a chance to win a $250 Pierson’s Building Center gift card!
Check out the rest of the events happening during our September Volunteer Month!
· Saturday, September 2nd – Old Town Gardening from 9am-10:30am (meet at Visitor Center 108 F St)
· Saturday, Sept 9th- Del Norte Dog Park 9:30am-11:00am (meet at 1200 W Del Norte St)
· Saturday, Sept 16th- Old Town Gazebo from 10am-12pm (meet at 2nd and F St)
· Saturday, Sept 23rd – Sequoia Park Ivy League from 9am-1pm (meet at Glatt and T St)
· Saturday, Sept 30th- Hammond Park Volunteer Block Party from 11am-3pm (meet 1403 E St)
We hope to see you there! Thank you volunteers for making Eureka such a vibrant community!
Are you interested in donating or starting your own volunteer group? Contact Jim Thomas at 707-441-4080 or firstname.lastname@example.org